Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Memorial Service

Avery's memorial service just passed, this last Saturday. We had a gorgeous service that went pretty much exactly as planned. We only had two tiny bumps happen but in hindsight they didn't matter too much and won't effect my memory of her service.

 One of my best friends drove down just for the day for her service from California to help set up and be there for her service. That meant so so much to me. I just adore her and the fact that she found a babysitter and got off work to come on that long drive just for me for one day was incredible. I am so blessed to have such amazing friends.

 We had a balloon release and released 86 biodegradable balloons in memory of my sweet girl. One for every minute that she was alive. We had little balloon tags that I ordered and they were just perfect and gorgeous.

 I got a lot of closure at her service, I felt good that day even though I thought it would make me miserable. I had a really really sad day the day after her service though. I have okay days and horrible days but her service was actually pretty good.

Ethan and I each wrote Avery a letter and read them at her service. It went really well and I think it showed everyone our point of view on losing our sweet girl. I'm going to make a post in the next couple days with Ethan and my letters that we read at her service. I will also make another post in the next week or so with the video of Avery's memorial service if you would like to watch that.

 My grandfather ran the service, he did a gorgeous job and I think he touched everyone's heart with his sermon. I know he definitely touched mine.

A good friend of us sang our two songs. One of them was 'Ronan' by Taylor Swift. She helped us alter the words to fit our situations more. It was gorgeous and then she sang 'You Are My Sunshine' which is the song I sang to Avery during my pregnancy and when she was alive. That was stunning and brought me to tears.

 Thank you to everyone who came to Avery's service, it meant the world to me that you could be there and if you couldn't come but sent us some sort of note or message around or on that day, thank you so much. That was so incredible for you as well...

After the service and balloon release we went into a room and had a nice meal and all sat and talked. We had great conversations, great food, and some of the most important people in our lives were there. It was truly gorgeous and such a beautiful way to honor our baby girl's life. I was so glad we had this service to honor her.

 Here are some photo's of her service, after that I will post a small update:

























Update: Yes, my pumping and donating my breast milk is going amazingly! I pump every three hours for sweet baby Caleb and he and his daddy come over once a week to pick up our frozen milk and that is what he eats for every meal. Ethan and I have become friends with little Caleb's daddies and we just love baby Caleb. He has a very special place in our hearts. I love that we get to see him and snuggle him and love on him.

 Also the AMAZING company called Molly Bears which makes weighted bears for parents who've lost a baby. They have a 9 month waiting list to get your bear since they're all handmade to order for the families. We made our order and a week or so later I emailed the company asking if we could include a baggie with a small portion of Avery's ashes in her bear. The president of the company wrote back herself and said she would personally do our bear and add her ashes in. And THEN after hearing our story she bumped our bear and made her for us early so she got her for the service. She is the most beautiful bear, and probably one of my most prized possessions now. We are so blessed by people. I was completely blown away by her kindness!

I had my incision check recently and my doctor said my incision from my C Section is looking good. I have a post partum appointment coming up soon as well. Then I will get my MRI to see if the shunt that was in Avery and was misplaced is still in my body. Please pray that it isn't so I don't need to have another surgery/procedure to get it out.

 Thank you everyone for your continued love and support in our lives. It means more to us then you'll ever know! <3

This is me with baby Caleb. The baby I'm donating my milk to






No comments:

Post a Comment