Thursday, November 13, 2014

Memory Boxes and my Tattoo

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before in a prior blog but when we lost Avery we were given a memory box. They're made and donated to the hospitals for families who've had a stillbirth or neonatal death. They're filled with things to do to make memories with your baby and some things to pamper mom and dad. It meant the world to Ethan and I and we still keep the box out in our room and look at it often. We've filled it with our own items to remember our sweet Avery by.

 Because it meant so much to me I've decided to make and donate as many boxes to the hospital as I can and I want to make them even nicer than the one I received. In this horrid times these families are going through any bit of kindness is such a blessing, so I'm really going to pamper these families. Each box I make will include these items....


  • Tea
  • Candy
  • Blanket
  • Stuffed Animal
  • Envelope for lock of babies hair
  • Ink Pad or Molding kit for hand and foot prints
  • Johnson's and Johnson's Soap and Lotion
  • Baby Washcloth
  • Forget Me Not  flower seeds
  • Candle
  • Journal
  • Pen
  • Mini Kleenex
  • Travel Sized Toiletries
  • Disposable camera
  • Mini Photo Album
  • jewelry for mom
  • memorial coin for dad
  • paperwork on grief
  • Book on losing a baby
  • Ceramic trinket (such as butterfly, bird, angel, etc)
  • Fuzzy Socks
  • Little box for precious items
  • List of foundations that can help them
  • A letter from us
  • ‘In Memory Of Avery’ Card
  • Soaps
  • Chapstick.
They're going to be beautiful and as I make them I am so proud. People I know who've heard that I'm making them have wanted to help so I made an Amazon wish list so people can donate if they want. They can buy any item they want off the list and it will ship directly to me to put in the boxes! I am so glad people are willing to do this because it means we can make even more boxes for these families in need in Avery's name! If you would like to donate, please do! The link the wishlist is http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=nav_wish_list not only will it mean the world to me, it will mean even more to the mothers and fathers of these babies who are dying way too soon. 

I will continue to post updates and pictures as we build these gorgeous boxes and send them off to the hospitals!

Also, I got my tattoo for Avery a couple of weeks ago. It is just gorgeous, it's Avery's actual footprints and it their actual size, I just love it. I love that part of Avery is permanently on my body. I've never had a tattoo before and am SO glad I got this one! 



Thank you to everyone who has continued to keep our sweet Avery and us in your thoughts and prayers. I'm so honored that other people continue to think of and love Avery even though she's no longer on earth with us. I love knowing she will be remembered forever by not only my family and I but people around the world. What a gift my sweet girl has. 


No comments:

Post a Comment